Saturday, August 23, 2008

Week 6: Tagging, Folksonomies & Technorati #14 Explore Technorati and learn how tags work with blog posts

Earlier in the week I did the search for "School Library Learning 2.0”. I found a few links to folks who took this class!

I'm not particularly surprised to find the popular choices revolve around technology, politics, and current culture. This new realm really does bring "voice" to your fingertips. As they state in their "about us" page...it's about what's happening now.

I may be a bit slow on the uptake with this one...and may have even "realized" this earlier, but Technorati is like a melting pot for interests and ideas. It's a technological innovation that as it "crawls" through the vast web creates linked connections based on language (tagging choices). Getting Technorati to notice you is one of the purposes of week 6.

Add to Technorati Favorites Whoa! I've just claimed ownership of my blog! Go School Library 2.0...let's get those favorites numbers up!!

1 comment:

Off the Shelf Librarian said...

Jane, Make more tags (Labels)per post and you will find people seeing your post more on Google. Such as on this one type in Tagging, Folksonomies, Technorati...

Freaked me out to see my post as 3rd on Google when telling another Librarian about this course. You are interesting to read. Keep it up! Carolyne