Monday, September 1, 2008

Week 8: Online Applications & Tools #18. Take a look at some online productivity (word processing, spreadsheet) tools

AWESOME!!
The above post was created in Zoho.
I used Zoho’s publish options to post to your blog.
FYI...Mr. Fillmore is a chemistry teacher in my high school who has migrated his course into Moodle this school year. We spoke briefly last week about his plan to use Google Docs with his classes.
BTW-if anyone out there is interested. We also have migrated his students citations and note-taking into NoodleTools. NoodleTools is an online bibliography composer with fully-integrated note-taking capabilities. We did make them (11th grade students) use books...YES, print sources...can you hear them groaning...for the first exercise last week.
For as wonderful as this is you can't throw the baby out with the bath water. There will be times when navigating a brick and mortar library and consulting print sources is absolutely the best choice (or an additional choice). It's well worth the time to elaborate on these important skills.

And Mr. Fillmore...I appreciate your being a good sport and allowing me to keep the post from the Zoho letter in my blog. In all fairness, please let me know if you'd rather I didn't or would like something edited.
jane

No comments: