Monday, September 1, 2008

Week 7: Wikis #16a Take a look at California's Learning 2.0 SandBox wiki

Hi all...
Visited the California Curriculum Connection Wiki.
Cool idea to create a wiki around this course work.
As more and more people participate in the 23 week program...ideas will flow.
I was just thinking that the wiki is similar to a blog post, but it's just dawned on me that I probably could have edited other posts while I was on the photo and image page.

If used with the best intention, a wiki can be a wonderful learning tool. I imagine if you were using this in a classroom situation, there would need to be groundwork for those contributing. I wonder if it would be a good idea to have the students develop the collaboration framework within their wiki.
One thing that may also be of benefit is to see the trail of updates. One complaint with group work is the load is not always distributed appropriately. This may be useful to track who shared what.

The link to my wiki post is:
http://calcurriculum.pbwiki.com/Photos+and+Images
jane

No comments: